Anniversaries celebrate the life a couple shares together. It’s a time of reflection and gratitude. It’s also a time to splurge on something special. Traditionalists may want a gift that corresponds to the year they’re celebrating, such as giving a wood present on the fifth anniversary or diamonds on the sixtieth. However, others may lean towards a gift that gives their partner something she’d never buy for herself. No matter what you choose, an anniversary is a time to remind your partner how much she means to you.
We’ve reviewed dozens of potential anniversary gifts so we can highlight the best of the best. We weighed sentimental gifts against traditional options, as well as pure luxury items against practical needs. Through the process, we’ve narrowed down the products that show love and appreciation as well as a few that might give her the home spa treatment or caffeine boost she craves every morning.
Precise espresso extraction and dose-control grinding anyone? The coffee connoisseur will have a hard time passing by the decked out Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine. Digital temperature control keeps temperatures consistent so there’s no more ashy espresso in her life.
In This Article
The 5 Top-Rated Anniversary Gift Ideas for Her
|Best Overall||Breville The Barista Express Espresso Machine||4.4|
|Runner Up||Glitz Design 14K Gold Diamond Stud Earrings||4.8|
|Best Budget Buy||BLUBOON Ladies Canvas Weekender Bag /a>||4.4|
|Best 1-Year Anniversary Gift for Her||Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 Neo Classic Instant Film Camera||4.4|
|Best 5-Year Anniversary Gift for Her||Royal Craft Wood Bathtub Tray||4.6|
*Ratings are from Amazon at the time of publication and can change
Our Top Pick: Breville The Barista Express Espresso Machine
If your special lady loves cafe-style espresso, the Breville Barista Express Espresso Machine is the gift for her. It all starts with the dose. Standard home espresso machines dose 11 to 13 grams, but the Barista produces an impressive 19 to 22 grams. That gives the espresso the rich flavor that’s usually only found at her favorite cafe or coffee shop. Add to that precise dose control with a conical burr grinder that delivers fresh grounds directly to the portafilter and you’ve got a pure flavor that’s hard to beat.
Part of quality flavor extraction is consistent temperature control. This model has digital temperature control technology that automatically detects any change in water temperature for improved consistency during espresso extraction. Then there’s the steam wand. The manual steam wand delivers pressure directly into the liquid when steaming milk. It draws air in, creating the tiny bubbles that give steamed milk it’s foamy consistency. It will make her mouth water just thinking about it.
This machine is really meant for the espresso connoisseur. You can manually adjust the ground amount and size. It’s also got single or double shot options. Finally, it comes with everything you need to make that first cup of espresso (except the beans), including brushes and cleaning tools. Weekend or weekday, she’ll have the perfect cup of espresso at hand.
Breville The Barista Express Expresso Machine Key Features:
- Does-control grinding
- Digital temperature control during extraction
- Micro-foam milk texturing
- Adjustable grind size
- Hands-free operation
Our Runner Up Pick: Glitz Design 14K Gold Diamond Stud Earrings
If you’re looking for timeless, you need look no further than Glitz Design 14K Diamond Stud Earrings. This beautiful round brilliant set works perfectly at a formal fundraiser or special evening. A four prong basket made of 14K gold holds GIA certified diamonds. All diamonds are handset in the United States and are procured legally through the Kimberley Process. Each diamond has a G-H color with a clarity of VS1.
You’ve got two basic choices to make with these earrings. First, it’s either white or yellow gold. There’s no difference in quality, only color. You also get a choice in the total carats of the diamonds, anywhere from .18 to 1.42. That gives you some options when looking for a pair that falls within your price range.
Glitz Design 14K Gold Diamond Stud Earrings Key Features:
- 4 prong basket style setting
- Round cut GIA certified diamonds
- White or yellow gold
- Solid 14K gold
Best Budget Pick: BLUBOON Ladies Canvas Weekender Bag
The BLUBOON Ladies Canvas Weekender Bag is more than a bag, it’s the gift of travel. Whether she’s whisking away to Europe for a cultured getaway or headed to the beach for some rest and relaxation, this weekender bag can get her there and back again. The sturdy, water-resistant canvas comes in several patterns, including stripes, polka dots, and florals. There are color choices too, so you should be able to find something that’s within her tastes. It’s accented with a faux leather bottom, handles, and shoulder strap. One of our favorite features is the back side sleeve that slips over the handle of your luggage. Any bag you don’t have to lug over your shoulder at the airport is a winner in our book.
We love the interior as much as we do the exterior. The roomy interior is kept in order with two open side pockets and a zippered pocket. It’s large enough for a weekend getaway but still has space for a 15.6″ laptop. There’s so much room in the bag that it works for family day trips or students as well. Worried about dirty floors? Five metal prongs on the bottom keep it out of the dirt. While that can’t protect you from every possibility, at least you can have it off the floor while you’re at the airport. But travel isn’t always neat and tidy, which is why we also like that the entire bag can be hand-washed.
BLUBOON Ladies Canvas Weekender Bag Key Features:
- Backside sleeve
- Faux leather handles, shoulder strap, and bottom
- 5 metal studs on the bottom
- Interior holds a 15.6″ laptop
- Two interior slip pockets, one zippered pocket
Best 1st Anniversary Gift for Her: Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 Neo Classic Instant Film Camera
The Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 Neo Classic Instant Film Camera is a new take on an old classic. It’s perfect for the shutterbug who can’t wait for the perfect picture. Celebrate that first year by making each moment a keepsake. As far as instant cameras go, this one has some pretty impressive features. Auto settings adjust the brightness, flash, and shutter speed according to environmental conditions so a lot of the work is taken out your hands. However, it has far more than auto.
It’s got several modes to give you some creative freedom. In double exposure mode, you press the shutter twice and two images appear on a single film sheet. Create a light trail in bulb mode when the shutter stays open for a full 10 seconds when the button is held down. Does she love to capture flowers? Macro mode covers the short distances for crystal clarity. And finally, there’s kid mode. As you can imagine, it’s designed for pets, kids, and anything else that can’t sit still long enough for a portrait shot.
The Instax Mini is really the gift for the woman who wants to capture everything right now. Photos instantly print from the camera itself, allowing her to create quick keepsakes.
Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 Neo Classic Instant Film Camera Key Features:
- 5 modes: auto, double exposure, bulb, macro, and kids
- 1.8 to 1/400 second shutter speeds
- Creates a vintage photo look
- High-performance flash
Best 5th Anniversary Gift for Her: Royal Craft Wood Bathtub Tray
Sometimes the best gifts are the ones that let her fully relax like the Royal Craft Wood Bathtub Tray. For the woman who likes to soak her way to relaxation, there’s not a lot better than having her book and glass of wine ready and waiting. Every piece of this tray serves a purpose from the sliding side extensions to the media slots. And, it’s designed for two. The side extensions reach up to 43 inches, which fits most standard bathtubs.
Watch a movie or the evening news with the tablet holder that also includes a removable waterproof cover. If a tablet isn’t your style, the phone slot can keep your phone safe, upright, and connected. Both sides of the tray have removable dividers that can be adjusted to hold a plate or bathroom essentials.
What could be more romantic than a glass of wine and a candle? Spills are less likely with the specially designed slot under which the base of the wine glass can rest. On the other side, there’s a candle/cup holder for a cold drink or candle to take the romance and relaxation up a notch. For an added touch of class, it also comes with a separate matching soap holder.
Royal Craft Wood Bathtub Tray Key Features:
- Two (2) extendable sides, reaching up to 43 inches
- Removable side trays
- Media holder
- Cellphone slot
- Wine holder
- Candle Holder
Who Should Buy an Anniversary Gift for Her
If your partner is a woman then, at some point, you’re going to need an anniversary gift for her. It’s that simple. The more difficult task is knowing what kind of gift to buy, but you know your partner best. Is she sentimental? Does she love to reminisce about your first date? If so, a gift that reminds her of that day or surprising her with a trip to your honeymoon destination stocked with new luggage could be a wonderfully romantic gesture. However, she may be less sentimental and appreciate the practical. If that’s the case, what would she love to have but wouldn’t buy for herself? A bargain hunter may like to splurge on a name brand that she’d never normally consider. Or look for something that simply makes her life easier. As long as you put thought into the gift, it’s sure to please.
Important Features to Consider
An anniversary gift for your special partner should let her know that you love and appreciate her. The perfect gift will be different for every person, but there are certain considerations that can help you in the decision-making process. Here’s what to start thinking about:
- Size and storage. She may love the gift, but if it’s so large she has to rearrange the bedroom to store it, it’s appeal might start to wane. Before jumping into a decision, think about how she’ll use it and where she’ll put it when she’s not using it. Of course, if you know she’d gladly throw out half her possessions for this one item, size may not be a consideration for you.
- Your anniversary number. Traditionally, each anniversary year has a material, gem, and flower associated with it. For example, the first anniversary is the paper anniversary with carnations and mother of pearl as the flower and gemstone. If you really have no idea what to give your partner, something that goes along with these traditional themes might spark an idea and show that you did your research.
- Practical vs sentimental. Some people love sentimental gifts while others have no need for them. Sentimental gifts may include a camera and photo album to hold her favorite memories. For others, diamond earrings will be both practical and sentimental for years to come. For some women, a membership to the gym is their dream come true and return to their childhood spent playing volleyball or basketball. However, for others, it would say nothing more than, “You need to workout.” While practical gifts can go over well if the right one is chosen, think about what kind of message it sends to your partner. As long as it’s appreciation and love, you can’t go wrong.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the anniversary gift list?
Anniversaries have a designated theme for each year celebrated. Today, there’s both a traditional and modern list, which includes (year number followed by gift theme):
- Paper (traditional), Clock (modern)
- Cotton (traditional), China (modern)
- Leather (traditional), Crystal/Glass (modern)
- Fruit/flowers (traditional), Appliances (modern)
- Wood (traditional), Silverware (modern)
- Candy/Iron (traditional), Wood (modern)
- Copper (traditional), Desk Set (modern)
- Bronze (traditional), Linens/Lace (modern)
- Pottery (traditional), Leather (modern)
- Tin/Aluminum (traditional), Diamond Jewelry (modern)
Once you hit year fifteen, the themes are only assigned every five years until you hit fifty, at which point it’s every ten.
What are the anniversary colors?
Anniversaries are also given colors by the year. A few worth remembering include:
- gold or yellow
- red or linen white
- white or jade green
- blue or green
- blue, pink, or turquoise
Year ten hails silver and blue and if you twenty is insight, decorate in emerald green and white.
What is each anniversary called?
The name of the anniversary corresponds to its traditional gift theme. For example, the first anniversary is the paper anniversary, the second cotton, but at the fiftieth everything is golden.
How much should I spend on an anniversary gift?
An anniversary gift is less about the money spent and more about the thought behind the gift. Keeping that in mind, how much you spend on an anniversary gift largely depends on your budget. Your partner wouldn’t want you to go into debt, but at the same time, buy something that she’ll like. If you have the means, buy something expensive that says I love you. If you don’t, a thoughtful gift can mean just as much as one that’s pricey.
Other Anniversary Gifts for Her We Reviewed
We looked at twenty other potential anniversary gifts. Although these didn’t make our top five list, they’re still excellent gifts and could be perfect for your partner. In our listing, we’ve included the information you need to compare while you search.
1st Anniversary Gifts for Her
A scratch your travels map is perfect for the partner with wanderlust. She can track your adventures together and plan future trips, revealing a beautiful watercolor map along the way.
- Fits a standard 12″ x 18″ frame
- Use a coin to remove gold foil
- Original watercolor artwork underneath
She’ll love this modern take on the paper anniversary. Thin and light, it holds 32GB of the best books and magazines available.
- Built-in adjustable light
- Pair with headphones
These fun, colorful bath bombs give your special someone a playful touch of luxury. Each individually wrapped bath bomb is designed to moisturize the skin while tickling the senses.
- Shea and cocoa butter moisturizers
- Made in the USA
- Individually wrapped
Joanna Gaines brings her heartfelt recipes into the home with this fun cookbook. Give the gift of warmth and a passion for home with recipes meant for family comfort.
- Includes personal stories and photos
- Encourages homegrown ingredients
- Includes recipes from Joanna Gaines Waco, Texas restaurant, Magnolia Table
Whether it’s travel or day to day adventures, a quality journal early in your relationship will let her record life as it happens. Blank pages let her draw, write, or add-in clippings.
- Hand stitched binding
- Recycled cotton acid-free paper
- 100 percent natural leather
It’s not too late to start cataloging your adventures together. This blank scrapbook has room for photos, programs, drawings, and everything else that comes with the first year.
- Dimensions: 10.5″ x 7″
- 40 pages
- Wrap tie closure
5th Anniversary Gifts for Her
By year five, she’s ready for some luxurious relaxation. This robe can add an extra layer of warmth in the winter and keep her dry and cozy after a shower in the summer.
- 330 GSM (grams per square meter) fleece
- Large hood and pockets
- Inside tie closure
For the woman who likes to entertain, the MaxMoxie set has everything needed for delicious hor devours. Beautiful bamboo and quality blades make prep and plating simple.
- Four (4) stainless steel utensils
- In-cutting board storage drawer
- Two (2) ceramic bowls for extras and/or sauces
Anything that can help relieve tension and stress makes a wonderful 5th-anniversary gift. This massager has multiple movements that change throughout the massage, reaching deep to relieve stiffness and soreness.
- Ergonomically designed to fit behind the neck, back, abdomen, thigh, and calf
- Handle straps to secure to chair or hand
- Heated massage
Classic Anniversary Gifts for Her
This one is classically sentimental. Sometimes if you’ve got nothing else to give, heartfelt words are all that’s left. This book helps you say all you feel with helpful prompts and fun graphics.
- 52 prompts to express how you feel
- Fun graphics
- Personalized message
This simple and wonderfully soft throw may not be expensive but it gives her the gift of luxury, and there’s nothing more classic than that. Plush and hypoallergenic, it’s sure to keep her warm on the coldest of nights.
- Comes in five (5) sizes
- 100 percent microfiber polyester
- Machine washable
It’s classic with a little bling. A pearl, a diamond, and 14K white gold make the perfect anniversary gift that she’ll be able to wear for years.
- 7 to 7.5mm pearl
- 14K gold chain
- .01 carat diamond
The beauty and quality of this watch make it an instant classic. An impressive oversized watch face that’s accentuated with a double row of crystals in the bezel and hour markers is sure to make a statement.
- Quartz movement and analog display
- Water resistant up to 50m (165 feet)
- 39mm stainless steel case with mineral dial window
Mark your 10th anniversary with traditional style. This solid tin rose will forever remind her of your 10 years together.
- Flexible stem can be adjusted for display
- Casted, solid tin rose
- Comes in a tin capsule and explanation of the tin anniversary
The gift of travel needs some organization. With credit card pockets, boarding pass compartment, coupon ticket slot, cellphone pouch, and RFID-blocking technology, she’ll be set to jump on a plane for adventure.
- Pen holder, key holder, and slim pocket
- Zippered money pouch and cellphone pouch
- Passport pocket, credit card slots, boarding pass compartment
Modern Anniversary Gifts for Her
An incredibly fast wireless connection lets you listen to music and audiobooks almost anywhere. AirPods automatically turn on and off, and you can double tap to play or skip forward.
- Charges in case using wireless, Qi-compatible charging mat, or lightning connector
- Automatically connects once placed in ear
- Can access Siri and control playback
More than techies can learn to love this watch. Stay on top of steps, text, news, and more.
- Optical heart sensor, Accelerometer, gyroscope
- Digital crown
Set up a voice-controlled hub of communication. With Alexa, the Echo Plus is not only a speaker but a virtual assistant to answer questions, make phone calls, and control devices throughout the home.
- 36-degree Dolby audio
- Makes hands-free calls
- Connect and control other smart devices
Essential oils have the power to invigorate, heal, and relax. A programmable diffuser with seven color choices can fill the living room, bedroom, or bathroom with scents that set the tone and mood.
- Cool mist humidifier
- Programmable cycles
- Auto shut off once the reservoir is dry
Music lovers will love mixing the old with the new. It plays records at three different speeds, but you can connect it to Bluetooth devices for wireless play too.
- Compatible with Bluetooth, 3.5mm audio devices, RCA aux-in, and headphones
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Plays 33 1/3, 45, and 78 RPM